Recipe by @fiveloavesgf
For The Cupcakes:
- 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ¾ cups gluten-free flour blend (w/ xanthan gum)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 stick (or ½ cup) melted vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
For The Filling (optional):
- 2 cups strawberry spread
For The Frosting:
- 1 stick (or ½ cup) vegan butter, soften
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 - 4 tablespoons full fat non-dairy milk
For The Decorations:
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (optional for Easter Bunny mold)
- ½ YumEarth Easter Gummy Fruits
- ½ YumEarth Easter Giggles
- YumEarth Easter Lollipops
Special Tools Needed (optional):
- Easter silicone mold tray (linked here)
- clean thin paint brush
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 cup cupcake pan with cupcake liners, set aside.
- Mix together milk and lemon juice in a small bowl, set aside for a few minutes to allow to curdle.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Add in the milk/lemon mixture, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Mixing only until well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into lined cupcake pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Carefully transfer baked cupcakes onto a cooling rack. (Replace cupcake liners in pan and bake remaining batter.) Allow cupcakes to cool completely before filling and frosting.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter in a stand mixture using the whisk attachment. Add in sifted powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of milk, and vanilla extract. Beat for 1-2 minutes, or until the frosting is nicely whipped and smooth. Add in additional tablespoons of milk as needed if the frosting is too dry.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, use a paring knife to cut a cylinder from the middle of your cupcakes for filling. Cutting in only three-fourths of the way through the cupcake. Use a teaspoon to add in the strawberry spread, filling all the way to the top. Allow the filling to settle for a few minutes before frosting.
- To frost, place 3 tablespoons of frosting onto each cupcake and use the back of the spoon or a butterknife to smooth it over. Decorate with YumEarth Easter Gummy Fruits, Giggles, and Lollipops.
To Make Easter Bunny Topper:
- Place dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave at 15 second intervals, mixing in between each time, until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Pour a tablespoon of melted chocolate into each mold, use a paint brush to evenly coat and spread the chocolate in each mold. Place the silicone mold tray into the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes to set.
- After the chocolate has set, add in YumEarth Easter Gummy Fruits or YumEarth Easter Giggles into each mold. Then fill with melted chocolate all the way to the top, using an off set spatula to scrape off any excess. Carefully place the mold tray back into the refrigerator for another 20-30 minutes, or until the chocolate had completely set in each mold.
- Remove the mold tray from the refrigerator once the chocolate has entirely set. Carefully remove each mold. Gently, but firmly, place a chocolate molded Easter bunny or egg atop a frosted cupcake.