By Diva of @foodallergydiva
Easter is such a fun holiday for kids because there are so many activities and lots of yummy treats! However, when you have a child with food allergies, holidays can be a challenge because everything revolves around food. To help make your Easter a little bit less stressful and a lot more fun, here are 4 EGG-citing ways to Celebrate Easter with Your Kids!
1. Carrot Goodie Bags
Every bunny loves a carrot, especially one full of YumEarth Easter candy! These are so easy to make that the kids can do it by themselves or with very little help! They are perfect to give as gifts, party favors, or for an Easter basket.
- Cellophane Bags (shown here are carrot ones from Hobby Lobby, but any orange bag will work)
- Green Pipe Cleaner
- YumEarth Easter Candy (These are important for eating while working on the carrots too!)
To Make the Carrots:
- Fill each carrot bag with 2-3 YumEarth Easter lollipops (this helps the shape on the bottom), followed by various other kinds, you can try the YumEarth Easter variety box for a good variety and then fill the bag is about ¾ full.
- Tie the bags shut with the green pipe cleaners.
- Optional: Place the carrots in a pot for party favors or put them in an Easter basket alongside other fun surprises!
My kids really liked making these on their own. They also had fun pretending to feed their bunny stuffed animal friends!
2. Easter Bunny Candy Jars
No Easter is complete without a bunny craft! What kid wouldn’t love a fun DIY bunny jar full of YumEarth Easter candy!? They also make great gift ideas for friends and teachers too. In fact, these jars make the PERFECT activity for Easter that every BUNNY will love!
- Small Mason Jars
- Pink Twist Ties
- Pink Pom Poms (and white ones, if you want a tail)
- Googly Eyes
- Glue Gun
- Pink Paint
- Paint Brush
- Cardstock cut into ears (or cupcake inserts with the toothpick removed).
- YumEarth Easter Candy (These are always my favorite options because of the festive flavors and because they’re made with simple, organic ingredients and they are free from the top 9 allergens!)
To Make the Jar:
- Paint the lids with the pink paint and allow to dry.
- Glue on the whiskers, nose, eyes and tails to the jars.
- Fill the jars with your favorite YumEarth candy.
- Seal the jars and glue on your ears!
3. Easter Bunny Popcorn Cups
Easter will be POPpin’ with these fun bunny snacks! YumEarth’s Easter candy makes the perfect topping for popcorn! This is the perfect snack for the (older) kids or a treat for an Easter party!
Popcorn Cup Ingredients:
- Popcorn (Take a bag of your favorite allergy friendly popcorn or pop your own!)
- 1 bag of allergy friendly white chocolate chips (Pascha Chocolate or Enjoy Life are great options)
- YumEarth’s Easter selection is by far the best option for your toppings! The YumEarth Easter gummy fruits are not only allergy friendly & adorable, but they are also free of artificial dyes and high fructose corn syrup. I also added some YumEarth Easter Giggles into the mix.
- Optional: Sprinkles
To Make the Popcorn:
- Melt the white chocolate chips 30 seconds at a time.
- Liberally drizzle melted white chocolate over the popcorn.
- Top the white chocolate with your festive YumEarth Easter candy of choice!
Bunny Cup Supplies:
- White Paper Cups
- White Cardstock
- Black Sharpie
- Glue Gun
To Make the Bunny Cups:
- Draw the face on the cups with the black sharpie or another marker
- For the ears, use a printable template that you can find online (there are tons), but you could also easily draw these freehand and color in the middle with some pink!
- Finally, cut the bunny ears out and then glue them on!
My kids had such a blast making these with me! I helped a lot with the ones pictured, but they had so much fun scribbling and coloring to make their very own too! If your kids are too young for popcorn, you can use these cups for any allergy-friendly snacks!
4. Fried Easter Eggs
These Easter Eggs are a fun & silly way to celebrate Easter with the kids! A fried egg full of YumEarth Easter candies!? Anyone would be thrilled! If you haven't yet, be sure to try their NEW Easter Jelly Beans Party Pack. YumEarth Easter candy makes for the BEST candy grams because they are free from the top 9 allergens and delicious! What more could any kid want to find in their egg?
- White Cardstock
- YumEarth Easter Giggles or YumEarth Easter Jelly Beans
- Glue Gun
- Optional: Egg Carton (NOTE: Using a plastic one is a safer option for food allergies.)
How to Make it:
- Cut each egg out free hand. I let my kids make their own with their scissors too!
- Fill each egg ½ with YumEarth Easter Giggles or YumEarth Easter Jelly Beans
- Using the glue gun, gently glue the egg’s edges to the cardstock so that it will pull off easily.
I hope you enjoyed reading my 4 EGG-citing Ways to Celebrate Easter Day with Your Kids! If you’re still hungry for more Easter, take a look at this recipe for Easter Cupcakes or my other fun Easter recipes for kids, and don’t forget to stock up on YumEarth Organic Easter Day candy online or find them at your nearest store now!