3 EGG-Citing Easter Activities for Kids
By: Diva of FoodAllergyDiva.com
When I think about Easter, I think about crafts, treats and family! However, with food allergy kids, all of those can mean high stress. These three EGG-citing ideas are all free from the top 9 allergens and perfect for the whole family to enjoy together!
Easter Egg Popcorn Balls
Every-bunny loves popcorn! These popcorn candy balls are so fun to make and are a great gift, party favor or addition to Easter baskets! They are actually just regular popcorn balls but adding some YumEarth Easter Gummy Fruits and Easter Giggles makes them PERFECT for Easter!
Popcorn Ball Ingredients:
- 4 tbs. dairy free butter
- 1 10oz bag Campfire marshmallows
- 1 bag popcorn (or pop yourself)
- YumEarth Easter Gummy Fruits and Easter Giggles (These are the best option because not only are they festive, they are made with simple, organic ingredients and free from the top 9 allergens!)
How to Make It
- Melt the butter and marshmallows on the stove over low heat until the mixture is fully dissolved.
- Add mixture to bowl of popcorn and stir until completely covered.
- Once it has cooled a little, add the YumEarth Easter candies to the mixture.
- Shape into balls using a popcorn ball mold or your hands.
- Add to cellophane bag and tie shut!
Easter Egg Nest Cupcakes
Even an egg allergy kiddo will LOVE these top 9 free Easter egg nest cupcakes! The whole family can enjoy this spin on traditional Easter egg nest cupcakes.
- Hungry Harrys top 14 free vanilla cupcake mix
- Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate
- Singing Dog Vanilla top 9 free vanilla frosting mix
- YumEarth Easter Giggles (for the eggs)
How to Make it
- Make the cupcakes according to the instructions on the mix, subbing dairy free milk and banana for the eggs and milk.
- Once cooled, frost the cupcakes using a piping bag and frosting mix.
- For the chocolate topping, take ¼ cup of dairy free chocolate chips and melt them in a bowl in the microwave for about 1 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Once melted, spread the melted chips on wax paper on a baking sheet and put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Once hardened, break up the pieces and save them for the cupcake topping.
- Finally, top cupcakes with “eggs” using a package of Easter Giggles!
Bunny Paper Plate Craft
This craft is not only fun to make, it is a great snack-tivity with the kids, perfect for Easter parties or even table settings!
- 2 paper plates (per bunny)
- Pink and white cardstock
- Grey cardstock
- Pink colored pencil
- Glue stick
- Easter “grass”
- Googly eyes
- YumEarth Easter candies - Easter Gummy Fruits, Easter Giggles and Easter Lollipops – You’ll need extras of these for eating while you work too!
How to Make It
- To make your bunny, you will need 2 paper plates. The back plate will be left whole and facing up. The second plate will be facing backwards, and you will cut off the top 1/3. Then, staple them together around the edges.
- To make your bunny ears, cut the shape out of the white card stock and the same shape but smaller from the pink. Glue them together. Then, staple (or glue) your ears to the back plate.
- For the face, glue on your googly eyes, cut out the nose and whiskers out of card stock and glue them on and finish by drawing the mouth with your colored pencil.
- Stuff the pocket with Easter grass and YumEarth Easter candies of choice!
I hope you enjoyed reading these 3 EGG-Citing Easter Activities for Kids. If you’re still hungry for more Easter, take a look at my other fun Easter crafts, Easter recipes for kids, and don’t forget to stock up on YumEarth Easter candies online or find them at your nearest store now!