White Chocolate Peppermint Brownie Cookies
Recipe by @fiveloavesgf
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend (with xanthan gum)*
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed YumEarth Candy Canes
- 1/2 cup crushed YumEarth Candy Cane Pops
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the butter and dark chocolate chips. Microwave in 15 second increments, stirring well between each time, until the chocolate is smooth and completely melted. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, combine the applesauce and sugars. Beat on high speed about 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the chocolate and butter mixture, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Add the peppermint and vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and espresso powder and mix until completely incorporated. The dough will be soft.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop, scoop out the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets, keeping at least 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies have set on the edges, but are still slightly gooey in the middle.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in 15 second increments, stirring between each time until smooth.
- Dip each cookie halfway into the melted white chocolate and then place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle crushed YumEarth Candy Canes and crushed YumEarth Candy Cane Pops onto the melted white chocolate half of the cookies. Set aside for approximately 5-10 minutes to allow chocolate to set before enjoying or transferring to a cookie tin.
- If using a gluten free flour blend that does not include xanthan gum, you can add 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum to your dry ingredients.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, if they last that long!