Spring Crafts for Kids: How to Make a Candy Bouquet
This post is in partnership with YumEarth
Spring is here! Those of you who have been reading here for a while know that I feel immense joy when springtime finally arrives. After months of feeling all sorts of blah, I have a renewed sense of motivation and just want to celebrate. This is why I decided that it was absolutely crucial for my little ones and I to make some fun spring-themed crafts, ASAP. (Priorities, people!) My daughter suggested we find a way to incorporate our favorite treat, YumEarth organic and allergy friendly candy, and I was 100% in.
After some playing around, we came up with some super cute potted candy flower bouquets made with YumEarth Organic Lollipops (Vitamin C, at that!) and butterflies made with YumEarth Organic Giggles and YumEarth Gummy Bears. They're fun to make, and even more fun to eat! We plan to make a bunch of these for Easter gifts, teacher gifts, and just happy spring gifts for friends. Scroll down to see how to make them yourself. (Pssst! Speaking of YumEarth, they are hooking you up with an exclusive code for 15% off on YumEarth.com. Just use SWEETS15 from now until 4/30/21. They also always offer free shipping on all orders over $40. You can't get much sweeter than that!)
DYE-FREE LOLLIPOP FLOWER BOUQUETS
(makes one bouquet)
12-15 YumEarth Organic Lollipops (We love the ones with Vitamin C!)
Small flower pot
Green tissue paper (enough to cut 12 to 15 3-inch circles)
Foam ball that fits in flower pot
Hot glue gun
Hot glue gun
Spring Colored Ribbon
1. Cut enough circles (about 3 inch diameter) from the tissue paper for each organic lollipop to have one. (They don't have to be perfect!)
2. Glue the foam ball into the flower pot with the hot glue gun.
3. One by one, push each YumEarth Organic Lollipop through a tissue circle, then stick into the foam ball until full.
4. Cut a piece of ribbon long enough to tie around the pot. Glue in place.
5. Finish by tying a bow.
6. Don't forget to same a yummy organic lollipop for the kids!
ORGANIC CANDY BUTTERFLIES
(makes one butterfly)
2 packages of YumEarth Organic Giggles OR YumEarth Gummy Bears
Spring colored marker
Spring colored pipe cleaner
2 googly eyes
Hot glue gun
1. Color clothespin a vibrant springtime color of your choice.
2. Cinch ends of each package of YumEarth Organic Giggles OR YumEarth Gummy Bears on one side to form "wings." Overlap cinched sides and twist a pipe cleaner around to hold them together. (Leave pipe cleaner open at the top).
3. Slide clothespin onto the center of the candy package, where it is cinched.
4. Shape tops of pipe cleaners into the shape of antennae.
5. Glue googly eyes onto the top of the clothespin.
6. Hold onto a few extra YumEarth packs to enjoy right now! They all taste so good.
These spring inspired crafts are pretty adorable, but it really is the delicious YumEarth organic and allergy friendly candy that makes them special. You've heard me gush about them before and all of our faves (YumEarth Organic Chewys from YumEarth, YumEarth Organic Lollipops, YumEarth Organic Giggles,YumEarth Gummy Bears, and YumEarth Organic Chocolate Roll'n Stones please!), but I really stand behind my love for them. They're all incredibly tasty, and they make some seriously cute colorful crafts, but I also feel good about giving them to my family. In addition to being organic, non-gmo, gluten free, and vegan, they also contain no high fructose corn syrup or artificial dyes and are allergy friendly (free from peanuts, gluten, tree nuts, milk, eggs, fish, shellfish and soy). The best!
Fellow spring lovers, I hope you enjoy making these delicious crafts as much as we do. Visit YumEarth's store locator to find out where to grab the YumEarth organic candy you'll need for these projects, and shop online and use code SWEETS15 for 15% off your order. You can find all of the non-candy supplies at your local craft store. Happy spring!