Smashable Chocolate Easter Eggs
Recipe by @momtoolbox
These homemade SMASH chocolate eggs will impress! They are free from the top 9 allergens and the perfect Easter treat.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Makes 3 large Chocolate Eggs
- 3/4 cup allergen dairy free chocolate
- 1 Tbsp refined coconut oil (substitutions: olive oil or vegan butter)
- Egg mold
- Double boiler (or place a bowl over a pot of simmering water)
- Pastry brush
- YumEarth Easter Candy
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil over low heat in a double boiler (or place a bowl over a pot of simmering water - make sure the bowl does not touch the water). Continuously stir the chocolate until it is melted smoothly.
- Pour the chocolate into the egg molds, swirl or use a pastry brush to cover the surface, making sure to get the top edges really well.
- Refrigerate x 20 minutes.
- Remove chocolate eggs carefully from mold. I like to wear latex gloves to avoid fingerprints.
- Fill eggs with YumEarth Easter Candy.
- Seal shut with a little melted chocolate.
- SMASH your egg open. Enjoy and have fun!