Recipe by @fiveloavesgf
- ½ cup (1 stick) vegan butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup granulated cane sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons of water
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup glutem-free flour blend*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup YumEarth Mint Choco Yums (divided)
- Preheat oven to 350º and prepare a square 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Next, prepare the 'flax egg’ by mixing the ground flaxseeds with water (2.5 Tbsp water and 1 Tbsp ground flax.) Allow the mixture to rest for approximately 5-7 minutes or until it thickens to a gel like consistency.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the butter and dark chocolate chips. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring well between each time, until completely melted and smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugars together and mix in the melted chocolate.
- Next add in vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and flax egg, mixing thoroughly.
- Add in cocoa powder, flour blend, and salt. Mixing until just combined - you don’t want to over mix. Fold in half a cup of YumEarth Mint Choco Yums.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking pan and top with remaining half cup of YumEarth Dark Chocolate Mint Choco Yums. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool completely, approximately 15 minutes, before lifting out of the pan. Cut into 9 large squares or 12 regular sized pieces and ENJOY!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days or refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- *If your gluten free flour blend does not include xanthan gum add a 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum to your dry ingredients.