choco yums chocolate chip cookie bars recipe
Recipe by @fiveloavesgfb
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your flour blend already contains this)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 flax eggs (mix 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons water, allow to sit for 10 minutes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup YumEarth choco yums
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Prepare your flax egg (mix 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons water, allow to sit for 10 minutes) first to allow time to develop.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, cream together softened butter with sugars until smooth. Approximately 2-5 minutes.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients into creamed butter sugar vanilla mixture, slowly mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold in choco yums and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a lined pan and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in pan completely.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!