By Heather Englund of Fit Mama Real Food
We’re taking YumEarth assorted flavor gummy bears, which are absolutely delicious on their own, and making them extra special with homemade chocolate. The gummy bears get a double dunk in the chocolate and are super fun and delicious.
- 3/4 cup cacao butter
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 10 snack packs (sold in a 10ct bag) YumEarth assorted flavor gummy bears
- You'll begin making your chocolate by melting the cacao butter fully. You can either do this over a double boiler on the stovetop or by heating in the microwave in a heat-safe bowl for 30-second increments until the cacao butter is melted.
- Once the cacao butter is fully melted, whisk in the maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the gummy bears into the homemade chocolate and mix to combine. Use a slotted spoon to remove the gummy bears, letting any excess chocolate drip off, and place on a cooling rack with parchment paper-lined under it.
- Chill the gummy bears in the fridge for 10 minutes, then dip the gummy bears into the chocolate a second time, removing them in the same way.
- Chill the gummy bears in the fridge for 10 more minutes, then enjoy!