Recipe by @allergylicious
These Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies are quite an amazing little cookie! They’re perfect for gifting, last-minute guests and bound to become a family favorite in your house too. Grab some plant-based milk and get ready for a taste of the holidays!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Additional Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 51 minutes
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) vegan butter, slightly softened (from a stick)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (rum extract is a yummy sub)
- 1 + 3/4 cup all purpose flour (can sub with 1:1 gluten free blend*)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed YumEarth candy canes
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips of choice
- Optional: 1/4 cup chocolate chips melted to drizzle or to dip 1/2 of the cookie into)
- Using a stand up mixer or hand held mixer, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add dairy free milk and vanilla/peppermint extracts. Beat again until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to sugar mixture and combine. Fold in crushed candy canes and chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes (or overnight).
- Preheat oven 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a small cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll the tops into crushed peppermint then place on baking sheet, leaving 2-3" in between cookies.
- Bake 10-14 minutes. Cookies will flatten once removed from the oven. Allow to cool 5 minutes on sheet then transfer to cooling rack.
- Optional: Melt chocolate chips and drizzle on extra chocolate or dip cookies in chocolate then sprinkle with extra candy pieces if desired.
- If using a GF blend, make sure it includes Xanthan gum and if not, add according to what is recommended on package.