Recipe by @fiveloavesgf
- 1 box YumEarth Blue Raspberry candy canes
- 2 packages Sweet Loren’s Sugar Cookie dough
- 1 cup plant based butter, soften
- 1 tablespoon raspberry extract
- 2 - 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons plant based milk
- ~ 1/4 teaspoon plant based blue food color
- Prepare sugar cookie dough according to package directions. Aiming for a slightly crispier cookie for frosting and decorating.
- While the cookies bake, unwrap 5-7 candy canes and break into a blender. On low pulse until desired crush is achieved. Set aside in small bowl.
- Next, to prepare frosting start by beating butter in a large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in raspberry extract and mix well. Then gradually add in confectioners’ sugar, mixing until throughly incorporated, scraping bowl frequently. Add in milk and food color, mixing well until desire shade is reached.
- Once cookies have cooled completely it’s time for frosting! Using either a piping bag or small offset spatula generously frost cookies. Next, pile on the crushed blue raspberry candy canes over the frosted cookies. To create a cookie sandwich gently press an unfrosted cookie atop a frosted cookie. Adding more crushed candy canes around the edges.
- Now take a big bite and enjoy!
*Stored in an airtight container at room temperature cookies will keep for 2-3 days.