By: Diva of Food Allergy Diva
Valentine’s Day is such a fun holiday for kids to express their affection to their friends & family, but it can also be stressful for kids with food allergies since it revolves around candy! To help make your Valentine’s Day safe & sweet, I put together 5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Your Kids. You will have a blast doing all of these activities with your kids, and they will LOVE joining in!
1. CANDY GRAMS FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Candy grams are a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day with friends. These fun tic-tac-toe bags made for adorable candy grams (and playing tic-tac-toe), but any cute bag will work as long as it’s full of YumEarth candies! YumEarth candy makes for the BEST candy grams because they are free from the top 9 allergens and delicious! What more could any kid want to find in their Valentine?
- A cute bag
- Your favorite allergy friendly candy (YumEarth has so many amazing options for Valentine’s Day – YumEarth Valentine's Day Gummy Hearts, YumEarth Valentine's Day Giggles, and a Valentine's Day Variety Box
- Optional: Tag to tie on!
How to Make it:
- Fill the bag with your favorite allergy friendly candy (you can fit multiples)!
- Tie it closed, add ribbon, and ta-da! Easy-peasy candy grams.
- Optional: hole punch a small tag and slide on the ribbon before tying, if you are giving these for gifts!
2. ALLERGY-FRIENDLY VALENTINE'S DAY SMOOTHIE
YumEarth’s Valentine’s candy also makes the perfect topping for a Valentine’s Day Smoothie. Valentine’s Day smoothies make a great healthy snack for the kid’s or a treat for a Valentine’s Day party! These are SO easy to make, super delicious, and allergy-friendly!
Smoothie Ingredients & Supplies:
- Cute cup(s) & straw(s)
- Whipped cream (Note: I used coconut whip to keep these dairy free)
- Milk Alternative (Note: Any type of milk works here, I used oat milk since my kids love it and it’s dairy/nut free)
- Frozen watermelon
- Your favorite Valentine’s candy! YumEarth’s Valentine’s candy selection is by far the best option! The Valentine's Day Gummy Hearts are not only allergy friendly & adorable, but they are also free from artificial dyes and high fructose corn syrup (They are also what my kids went for first!)
To Make the Smoothie:
- Blend 3/4 cup frozen watermelon and 1/3 cup oat milk until you reach desired texture (Note: Add a drop of natural food coloring or beet juice if you want a brighter color!)
- Add dairy free whipped cream.
- Top with your festive YumEarth candy of choice!
3. VALENTINE'S DAY MOVIE NIGHT
No Valentine’s Day movie for kids is made complete without the perfect snack! What kid wouldn’t love a fun DIY allergy friendly snack pack to take to movie night!
Snack Pack Supplies:
- A bag or cup for popcorn
- Empty cereal box
- Exacto knife (for adult use only)
- Juice Box
- YumEarth Valentine's Day Giggles and YumEarth's Valentine's Day Gummy Hearts are perfect (These are my favorite topper options because of the festive Valentine’s flavors and because they’re made with simple, organic ingredients and are free from the top 9 allergens!)
To Make the Pack:
- Trace shapes of what you are including in the snack pack on the box.
- Using exacto knife, cut out the traced areas (adults do this part).
- Add your snacks! Enjoy!
4. VALENTINE'S DAY STORY TIME
A Valentine’s Day book for kids is not complete without the perfect themed bookmark! These bookmarks are so easy to make that the kids can make them by themselves or with very little help! They make the PERFECT fun activity that promotes reading!
- Bookmark sized card stock
- Hole punch
- YumEarth Valentine’s Candy (These are important for eating while working on the bookmarks!)
To Make the Bookmarks:
- Take the hole punch and punch a hole in top center of bookmark.
- Tie tassel into the hole with the loop.
- Let kids use markers/stickers to decorate their own bookmarks!
My kids had such a blast making these with me! I helped a lot with the ones pictured, but they had so much fun scribbling and coloring to make their very own too! The bookmarks usually come in large packs, so there are plenty to make. I loved this activity because after making the bookmark, it inspired them to read our Valentine’s Day books! It’s definitely the perfect activity to make reading fun!
5. DIY VALENTINE'S DAY DECOR OR GIFT IDEA
This Valentine’s Day vase not only makes a simple homemade decoration but it can also be used in Valentine’s Day pictures!
Candy Vase Supplies:
- Large drinking glass or vase
- Smaller drinking glass or smaller vase
- Your favorite flowers
- YumEarth’s Valentine’s Giggles are the best option for this! Not only are they allergy-friendly but they work the best with this craft.
To Make the Vase:
- Place the smaller glass in the larger one.
- Fill the area in-between the two glasses with YumEarth Giggles.
- Add water to the middle, about ½ way.
- Cut flowers down to size to fit, and then place them in!
I hope you enjoyed reading 5 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your Kids! This Valentine’s Day you will amaze everyone with these fun activities! If you’re still hungry for more Valentine’s Day, take a look at my other fun Valentine’s Day recipes, and don’t forget to stock up on YumEarth Organic allergy friendly Valentine’s Day candy online at yumearth.com or find them at your nearest store today!